The centerpiece of
Pueblo Viejo is the Kino
mission church La
Purísima Concepción de
Nuestra Señora de
Caborca, first completed
in 1693. The church has
burned, been damaged
by floods and been rebuilt several times
over the centuries, but it still
retains its original charm.
Although the church is no longer active, services are still held
there Saturday evenings. A prominent sight in Caborca, it is
easily located, at the southern end of the street Seis de Abril.
A local group coordinated a restoration of the temple for its
bicentennial in 2009. Since then, a private benefactor has also
donated a desert botanical garden on the temple grounds.Click here to see photos of the garden.